December 10, 2008

Louvre: check

I'm going to the Louvre this morning. This is not, in and of itself, at all unusual - I go to the Louvre a lot. It is also not particularly advisable from an academic standpoint, as I have an exam this afternoon. I can't quite bring myself to care that much, seeing as I have nine days left in Paris - how did this happen, people?! - and I refuse to be cooped up studying all day when there are still things on my list to see and do.

What is unusual about this particular visit to the Louvre, then, where I'll be heading off to French paintings of the 18th and 19th centuries, is that afterwards, I will have seen every section of the Louvre. There will be no new wings to uncover. When I return at some point in the future, I will already be at least cursorily familiar with all the permanent exhibits at the museum.

That is crazy, guys. I haven't been able to fully wrap my mind around leaving this city, but I can process this.

No comments: